Hi Friends and Family,

I wanted to post an update because I know how some of you worry. Quite frankly for good reason you worry.

I’m just going to come straight out and say it, I’ve taken a turn for the worse these past four days.

I’ve lost my appetite completely , my stomach hasn’t growled dispite the fact that in the last four days I’ve eaten, one hotdog(not breaded), 4 handfuls of party mix, chicken fingers and fries, and a half a tuna sandwich. That’s it. The pains from eating are the worst I’ve had yet , to the point I can’t force myself to eat. I slept 40 minutes Monday night because I couldn’t get the pains under control.

Last night the pains were so bad , I took a Tylenol 3 the hospital had given me the last time I was there, and it gave me relief for 15 minutes before spiking again. I then tried a warm bath, which usually helps and it did nothing . Having barely slept the night before I decided I had better visit the emergency department at Dartmouth General Hospital.

So I went, the wait in the waiting room wasn’t too bad. They gave me a barf bag because the nausea was bad, dispite the fact that I’ve eaten next to nothing all day there was no way I was going to vomit. I also had the pleasure of peeing in a cup.

The emergency doctor gave me another Tylenol 3 , which did the exact same thing. It helped for a few minutes before it spiked.  They took more blood which they found nothing wrong with.

I was surprised when the nurse returned having seen me curled up in the fetal position on the bed and said that I was being given more T3 for home and that I was free to go. She could see I was in pain but the doctor made the call to give me nothing more .

Being the nice guy I am I couldn’t go off on the nurse, considering how great she was the four hours i was there. So I gathered my belongings and left, disappointed.

I am lucky to live in a country to have free healthcare, I know this. All I wanted was the pains under control so I could eat something last night and sleep.

Needless to say, I got home. Took my third Tylenol 3 and went to bed. Curled up in the fetal position and fell asleep for 5 hours.

So how do I feel this morning? Okay ,I guess . I learned an important lesson last night . I can’t go back to the hospital for any reason. 

I snapped this selfie after one of my crying in the bed sessions last night. Enjoy.